When it comes to caring for your RV, you need to be sure that you are taking excellent care of your investment! Since it is both stored and used outside, and is always exposed to the elements, what can you do to make sure that it stays clean and ready for use once it’s time to take it out on the road again? At Happy Trails RV, we provide only the best customer service to our clients. Let us show you what you can do to keep your motorhomes in pristine condition through even the worst Alberta winters.
Let’s start with what you can do to keep the exterior of your RV looking good as new:
- Keep it covered. The exterior of your motorhome is the most prone to wear because of its exposure to the elements. With the sun, the rain and the mountains of snow we experience over the course of a single year, you need to make sure that you care for your RV properly. Always cover your RV when it’s not in use, especially during the winter, including your tires.
- Wax the exterior. Waxing your RV will extend the lifespan of your vehicle’s exterior significantly. When waxing your RV, be sure to follow all the manufacturer’s instructions and be careful when waxing around decals and painted on graphics.
- Inspect the roof. Make sure that all the seals are airtight. It’s important that no water seep into the interior of your RV, especially if you don’t check on it regularly. Even the smallest opening could be a problem, allowing moisture into your motorhome.
You also need to have a strategy for keeping the interior of your vehicle clean, even when it’s not in use:
- Use a compact vacuum cleaner. A compact vacuum cleaner is perfect for reaching small areas inside the RV that a regular vacuum wouldn’t be able to reach. Making sure excessive dirt and dust isn’t left on the inside of your vehicle is ideal, even when it’s not in use.
- Use a doormat. This is especially important if you plan on using your RV during the winter. Tracking moisture into your motorhome will make it tedious to clean, so it’s better to avoid it altogether.
- Use disinfecting wipes. Who knows where you’ll end up taking your RV? Disinfectant wipes will make it easy to clean most any mess that happens on the inside of your vehicle.
- Remove food. Empty all of the food out of your RV, as it attracts rodents.
At Happy Trails RV, we offer only the finest new and used RVs in Alberta. Visit our lot and find out everything you need to know about the care of your RV. Call us today.